I've got Mandrake 9.0 installed and I'm trying install and run Scanssh.
Now with this Program I got to the ./configure stage and it requires
libpcap to install and run. So I downloaded libpcap-0.7.1.tar.gz and got
that to the configure stage and this is what it told me
After typing in
# ./configure
creating cache ./configure.cache
checking host system type.....i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking target system type...i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking building system type....i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking for gcc......no
checking for cc.......no
configure:error:no acceptable cc found in $PATH
QUESTION: Does anyone know what I require to get this program up and
runnng....gcc & ...cc what are these? arguments? options? programs? if
anyone can shed some light on this connundrum for me soon, I'll still
have some hair left.
PC.Special thanks to Todd,your info open up heaps of doors.