> > This is off-topic, but a characterization of free software practices and
> > sharing as "more republican or libertarian in nature" is also way off.
> > Libertarians--which are really Republicans without a desire to regulate
> > people's private practices (drug use, sexual practices)--are primarily
> > concerned with the defense of private property from any state
> > intervention.  Free software undermines private property by keeping
> > software in free, unrestrained public use.  Free software is communally
> > shared property.  Libertarians are not opposed to regulation
> > universally, only state intervention.  Libertarians support unfree
> > software licensing for example, and call any state support of free
> > software "intervention" in the "free" market.  Not exactly a recipe for
> > cooperation.  While I'm sure some libertarians depart from this ruthless
> > attack on freedom, it's important to remember that the principal
> > interest of libertarians is not protecting freedom, it is to protect
> > private property.  Of course, they do equate private property with
> > "freedom", but that's another discussion.

Now, one of the reasons why I think RMS is unreasonable is this attitude that
he has expressed that he wants to ban all other licenses the Free Software-ones.
Personally I don't think I or anyone else has the right to tell a coder which license
he/she is gonna use or not. What we should concentrate on instead should be to
convince this person that GPL or BSD is a better license to use.

/Anders