On Sunday 05 January 2003 04:03 am, Russ wrote:
> Tribes2 is about the only online game I play anymore (not any good at it
> but we won't go there).

Who cares? Its great fun! :-)

> Do they make you buy another copy of it or can you DL it from somewhere
> and use your existing account?

I'm not sure about that - I've only ever had the Linux version.

> Anyway, I am pouring over all the how to's and what not's on the WINEhq
> page and Codeweavers. I even downloaded the codeweavers rpm. Should I
> use that one or the one on my Mandrake9 disk? I have never installed
> anything in Linux. I have never gotten this far before. I have come
> close. I am hoping this will be my final jump but time will tell.
>
> Thanks
> Russ

I use the RPM from Transgaming. You have to subscribe to be able to d/l it
though. You can d/l a version that you have to compile yourself. I've chose
to subscribe because I don't mind supporting a group that is bringing some
thing as useful as this to Linux. Also, as a subscriber, you get to vote on
what games/features to work on/add...

The general consensus seems to be that regular Wine runs non-games better, and
Transgamings' WineX runs games better. Generally.

A good thing to do is check out the games database on Transgamings' web site
and see what is supported. There are quite a few games there - but not all
games are supported.

HTH's... :-)

--

                                                                 /\