As for copying CD's, I agree, you COULD use the command line but why would you?? There are many GUI based CD ripping/burning/copying utilities out there. When trying to convert Windows users to Linux I ALWAYS try and use GUI apps., otherwise Windows users tend to think of Linux as a geek only OS, which is totally wrong. Besides, I find Windoze users REQUIRE eye candy to find an OS usefull. ;)

Regards,

Jason