On Monday 06 January 2003 05:39, Russ wrote:
> Thanks for responding so quickly :-)
>
> Deleting the files worked but when I tried to log back in it gave me the
> same error. I deleted them again and it worked. You say they should only
> be there when MCC is running. Why do you think they are not deleting
> themselves when I close MCC?
>
> Thanks
> Russ

hmm. Now that you mention it, I can reproduce this as well. These
files are not being deleted.

Actually those are not MCC files but userdrake's.

look at this:

[root@localhost user]# ls /etc/gtmp
ls: /etc/gtmp: No such file or directory
[root@localhost user]# ls /etc/ptmp
ls: /etc/ptmp: No such file or directory

(files do not exist.)

[root@localhost user]# userdrake &
[1] 23137

(now i launch userdrake)

[root@localhost user]# ls /etc/ptmp
/etc/ptmp
[root@localhost user]# ls /etc/gtmp
/etc/gtmp

(files are there)

However userdrake works perfectly when it's NOT
launched from within MCC.Looks like a bug in mcc...not
deleting temp files. So for now, you can use
it by calling it directly.

(I'm looking at mcc's code right now... the chances of
me finding a bug are one in then thousand billions, but
what the hell... i'm feeling lucky ;o))

Damian