On Monday 06 January 2003 02:56, Damian Gatabria wrote:
> On Monday 06 January 2003 05:39, Russ wrote:
> > Thanks for responding so quickly :-)
> >
> > Deleting the files worked but when I tried to log back in it gave me the
> > same error. I deleted them again and it worked. You say they should only
> > be there when MCC is running. Why do you think they are not deleting
> > themselves when I close MCC?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Russ

Hi again. I got nothing to do tonight. Is it too obvious? ;o)

I opened up /usr/sbin/mcc to check it out... can you tell me if this solves
your problem?

first, open up a terminal and su to root.
from that terminal, open your preferred text editor.
in the editor, open /usr/sbin/mcc
go to line number 666
you'll find something like this:

sub clean_socket {
    $emb_box->hide;
    foreach (@pid_launched) {
        kill 'TERM', $_ if (defined $_);
    }
    @pid_launched = ();
    $emb_socket and $emb_socket->destroy();
    $pending_app = 0;
    update_exp();
}

Now, right below the line that begins with the word 'kill'
add these two:

unlink("/etc/ptmp");
unlink("/etc/gtmp");

Save your changes and exit. Please check if your
problem persists (or if any other problem arises from this)

see ya

Damian