On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Matt G. Ellis wrote:

> Okay, i downloaded and unpacked the Source for LICQ .7
>
> I can compile the program itself fine, my problem is getting the required
> qt-gui to compile.  It said i needed QT2.00 and I only have QT1.44, i
> downloaded the 2.00 rpms from rpmfind.net and installed them but that didn't
> help.

Get the qt2 and licq RPMs from Cooker (http://www.linux-mandrake.com/cooker/).

We're using a quick hack with renamed libraries (renamed libqt.so.2.0 to
libqt2.so.2.0) to have the possibility to link against either version of
Qt (1.44 is still more widely used than 2.00 because of KDE), so the licq
source requires some patching.

If you don't want to download the RPMs,

cd /usr/src/licq-0.70
find . -type f -exec perl -p -i -e "s/-lqt/-lqt2/" {} \;
should do the trick - also don't forget to pass
--with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt2 to ./configure.

LLaP
bero

--
Tired of waiting for Windows 2000?