Mr. Auld,

I am not an expert and the following may be slightly incorrect, but AFAIK ...

The supermount option applies to removeable drives; the noauto option applies to harddrives which are always "present" or "connected". The only way to disable supermount is to explicitly deselect "supermount". This forces the user to manually mount and unmount the removeable media. To do the same for harddrives select "noauto".