On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 10:46, Roland Hughes wrote:
> I did a fresh install of Mandrake 9.0 and have not been able to get the
> removable media to work. I bought a new cdrom drive and have re-seated
> the cables numerous times. I disabled the supermount using the command
> "supermount -i disable" in a root terminal mode. I have attached my
> dmesg output and my fstab file.

Have you tried to manually mount the drive as:

mount /dev/cdrom1 /mnt/cdrom1

(Assuming that the CDROM you just installed is the second drive)

?

> I have tried everything I know of but no joy. Any help will be vary much
> appreciated.
> Roly

...there's a bit of a bug with the "supermount" bit - but
mounting/unmounting manually will tell if you've got mucked up /dev's -
then we can start from that point...

Cheers, HTBH

--

kuhn media australia - kma.0catch.com

        "Logic and practical information do not seem to apply here."
        "You admit that?"
        "To deny the facts would be illogical, Doctor"
                -- Spock and McCoy, "A Piece of the Action", stardate unknown