Hi!,
   I have been trying to change my login screen from kdm to gdm and also some other
changes like changing the login screen background etc.But i seemed to have messed up
my system.Now when i boot the boot operation goes well but on the login screen which
is still kdm i see icons for some 10-15 users like postfix,postgres etc.In the desktop
options there are only two options i.e.
default,failsafe :) no gnome,kde.When i login using my account i see a xterm window on
top left quarter of screen with no titlebar or scrollbar,though my mouse works, kde or
gnome or any other desktop does not come up.if from this xterm window i give commands
startkde or startgnome i can start kde and gnome and work with them.Logout or shutdown
from graphical desktop takes me back to this xterm.if i close the xterm while in kde
or gnome system takes me back to login screen.Also when i go to mandrake control
center and click on users under system options ,it says files /etc/ptmp and /etc/gtmp
exist and it does not open users options. How can i restore my system.
Thx,
Ashutosh