On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 17:55, Colin McElhatton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know what procedure I should use in order to create
> new shortcuts on my desktop/KDE menu (was going to call it a Start
> menu out of habit :P ) Anyway I recently installed Netscape 7.01 and
> now I would like to create an icon on my desktop so that I can run it
> quicker. How do I go about it? I tried drag and dropping the
> executable's icon to the desktop but when I double-clicked it just
> said "cannot find <filename>". I am sure there is a simple way to do
> this but being a newbie myself I could not figure it out, any
> suggestions?
>
> Best Regards,
> Colin McElhatton AIMIS
> email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

1.) Right-click the desktop, choose CREATE NEW, then LINK TO APPLICATION
2.) Put a name in the text box on this first tab
3.) Click the EXECUTE tab, and in the space there, you can either browse
for the application  you want, or type in the true path name to the
executable (for Netscape, it should be /usr/local/netscape/netscape)
4.) Click again on the FIRST tab, click the icon to the left of the box
you put the name in and browse through all the pretty icons til you find
the one you want.
5.) Click OK and you're done!

--
Wed Jan  8 18:50:00 EST 2003
  6:50pm  up  1:38,  4 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.44, 1.02

Marriage Ceremony:  An incredible metaphysical sham of watching God and the
law being dragged into the affairs of your family.
-- O. C. Ogilvie