On Wednesday 08 Jan 2003 4:02 am, Mark Weaver wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Sunday 05 Jan 2003 4:22 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>Success!  OK, partial success.  I removed all trace of java from my
> >>machine, ran the upgrade from the 9.0 discs and then installed the
> >>Blackdown java.  Mozilla and Galeon now work OK, but for some reason
> >>Netscape 7.0 still refuses to recognize java.  Oh well, if I need it, I
> >>have it!
> >>
> >>Thanks for everyone's help.
> >
> > I still can't work out what's going on here.  I installed Netscape 7 and
> > the java works perfectly.  Mozilla and Galeon on the other hand list the
> > plugins, but they don't work.  Mozilla has lost certain setting that it
> > had, and is now exactly like the Netscape setup.  They must be sharing
> > something somewhere.
> >
> > It doesn't make any sense at all
> >
> > Anne
>
> Anne,
>
> They are indeed. They're both using the .mozilla directory. If you want
> Netscape to appear as it's own app then create a new profile that you'll
> use when running Netscape complete with it's own mail settings,
> bookmarks and address book. That should straighten things out for you.
>
> Mark

The whole thing is odd.  You may remember that all of this started for me
because I could not get the navigation tabs and links to work in Mozilla on
some sites.  After installing Netscape 7 I found that everything worked
there, but there was no change to the problem in Mozilla.

Last night I found that Mozilla now displays all the tabs and links, though
not all of the are active.  I suppose this means that I have changed a
setting somewhere that is affecting it, but for the life in me I don't know
what!

Anne