On Tuesday 07 January 2003 10:05 am, Joan Tur wrote:

Okay, I've now got Unreal Tournament working here under v9.0. I've got 3
different UT installers:

ut-install-436.run  = this one only installed the first disk, so I'm assuming
its for the original UT.

ut-install-436-GOTY.run = this one installed both disks.

Installer disk for UT from Tux Games = this CD also installed both disks.

What neither of the installers did though was completely finish the
installation. None of the files in the directory Maps were uncompressed. The
last time I installed this game, the installer from Tux Games did the
uncompression. Fortunately, I had made a backup CD of the uncompressed Maps
directory so it was a simple matter of copying it to my /usr/local/games/UT
folder and hey presto! it works.

BTW, the error message that you get when you try to run the game without
uncompressing the files in Maps says something about not being able to find
"entry".

There is a small scipt/utility that is supposed to uncompress the maps for you
after installation. Its called "utmap_decompress". I've got it. Honestly
don't remember the syntax to use it though, and since I had the correct files
on CD, I didn't even try to use it.

I hope this helps you some! :-)

--

                                                                 /\