On Thursday 09 January 2003 04:03 pm, you wrote:
> Some servers require an ident response (see pidentd) for access.
> But before looking at that, I'd try a different server.
>
> If you still have trouble, feel free to contact me via email directly,
> and I'll do whatever I can to help.
>

> ~Brandon
>
> On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 12:30, Terry Sheltra wrote:
> > Pardon the total newbieness :-), but I can seem to configure X-chat
> > correctly to connect to irc.freenode.net .. I put in the server name,
> > gave myself a nickname, and when i try to connect, I get the following:
> >

> > --- Connecting to sterling.freenode.net (212.204.214.114) port 6667..
> > --- Connected. Now logging in..
> > --- AUTH :*** Looking up your hostname...
> > --- AUTH :*** Found your hostname, welcome back
> > --- AUTH :*** Checking ident
> > --- AUTH :*** No identd (auth) response
> > --- Closing Link: ts (Bad user info)
> > --- Disconnected (Remote host closed socket).
> >
> > Is there something else I need to do that I'm not doing?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Terry
> >
> > mike wrote:

> > >Actually there is a channel on Freenode called #mandrake-offtopic that
> > > might be most appropriate for off topic chat.I am there now and it
> > > could use some provocation.

I connect to IRC servers everyday without having to use an ident server.So I
dont know that is the problem.I consider them a security risk and wouldnt use
one unless I had to.I am on Freenode now without one.So your rejection might
be caused by something else.

--
Michael Shinobi a.k.a. 'alfalfa'
Mandrake 8.2