On Sunday 12 January 2003 06:56 pm, Jerry Barton wrote:
> > 3) Bootloader refused non install , insisted on being installed
> >
> > 4) refused opportunity to create boot disc
> >
> > 5) upon reboot , found lilo had not been installed after all,though
> > it certainlyleft you the impression it had.
>
> I ALWAYS use an expert install (press f1 when the cdrom first boots and at
> boot: type expert) since it gives one more options.  lilo can be installed
> on the first sector of the boot partition (hda7 in your case), boot disk
> option is available.
>
> jerry
I used expert install on my second harddrive with cdrom as secondary slave and
ide0 disabled. Install was flawless, except I couldn't get kmail to work
(might have been firewall problem if I could find the firewall) sound card is
recognized but can't find the volume control, it is very sparse for apps with
only one cd.  Oh yeah, I forgot that I had hdc mounted on my main hda and so
when it changed the partitions with the OS install on hdc my hda boot up
install failed on errors on /dev/hdc1, couldn't get a recovery so had to
reinstall and wipe /usr and the /hdc1 and /hdc6 partitions to get hda back.
Dumb mistake. Any hoo, I am not thrilled with the default KDE icons colors
etc and wish I knew why kmail can recieve but not send. Said that senders
address was missing a ? can't remember. Will try again on beta 2.  Charge on,
--
Dennis M.  linux user # 180842