snip
> Anyway, that is not the question.  Does the mplayer gui work for
> anybody?  It blows up my computer; a nasty clunk from the hard drive,
> a BSOD, and an empty error box, then nada.  Forced to reboot at that
> stage.  Tried gmplayer and gui=yes in the config file.  Both cause a
> problem.
snip

i had problems with the gui when building from source, but when using the plf rpm's
gmplayer worked fine.  on 8.2 the only way i could get it to work was by upgrading my
gtk+ to 2.0x (along with atk, pango, and a couple other deps all supplied at gtk.org)
You might try that.  Best of luck... mplayer a nice little ap, even without the gui
but that does make it much easier to deal with for windoze expats.

Jerry

Registered Linux User #300600
Registered Linux Machine #185855