Richard Babcock wrote:
I came across this article on the safari browser but don't understand how it
can be touted as fast. I thought KDE and Konqueror were both rather bulky
(by comparison to something like IceWM and Mozilla) in order to appear
Windows like. If safari is based on this code, how can it be 'fast?'
jus wondering
AFAIK, KDE is slow (unless you have RAM coming out of your ears) because the GUI is big and complex (unkinder souls might say "bloated"). However, applications written using the KDE libraries aren't necessarily slow if run with a different window manager.

There's also a difference between "slow to load" and "slow to operate". Mozilla loads slowly in Linux (though not in Windows) but browses at a passable speed. In any case, the main factors in browsing speed are your Internet connection, the server you're accessing, and your cache, not your browser.

Sir Robin

--
"A Perl script is "correct" if it gets the job done before your boss fires you."
- Larry Wall

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi