On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 23:24, Warren Post wrote:
> El sáb, 11-01-2003 a las 19:16, Andrei Raevsky escribió:
> > 1) I have a US keyboard on my laptop.  I would like to type in French
> > letters with accents (such as é or à)..
>
> Use the Mandrake Control Center to change your keyboard to U.S.
> International. Now the apostrophe (') and quotation mark (") keys are
> "dead keys" that are used to create accented letters. To type é, for
> example, press the apostrophe followed by the e. To type an apostrophe,
> press the apostrophe key twice. Once you get used to it you will find it
> a much easier way to type than those silly alt codes in Windows.
My primary keyboard is EN basic 104 and I set up a spanish secondary
keyboard (Kmenu-Config-KDE-Periph-Keyborad). Now, all I have to do is
clicking on the keyboard language selection applet in the system tray.
You can set as many keyboards as you wish.

> > 2) How can I rapidly change keyboards?  I could use the Mandrake Control
> > Center's hardware menu to change keyboards, but this would also be very
> > slow...
I haven't been able to get this working yet.

HTH,

Adolfo