On Monday 13 January 2003 04:19, Adolfo Bello wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 23:24, Warren Post wrote:
> > El sáb, 11-01-2003 a las 19:16, Andrei Raevsky escribió:
> > > 1) I have a US keyboard on my laptop.  I would like to type in French
> > > letters with accents (such as é or à)..
> >
> > Use the Mandrake Control Center to change your keyboard to U.S.
> > International. Now the apostrophe (') and quotation mark (") keys are
> > "dead keys" that are used to create accented letters. To type é, for
> > example, press the apostrophe followed by the e. To type an apostrophe,
> > press the apostrophe key twice. Once you get used to it you will find it
> > a much easier way to type than those silly alt codes in Windows.
>
> My primary keyboard is EN basic 104 and I set up a spanish secondary
> keyboard (Kmenu-Config-KDE-Periph-Keyborad). Now, all I have to do is
> clicking on the keyboard language selection applet in the system tray.
> You can set as many keyboards as you wish.
>
> > > 2) How can I rapidly change keyboards?  I could use the Mandrake
> > > Control Center's hardware menu to change keyboards, but this would also
> > > be very slow...
>
> I haven't been able to get this working yet.

If you're in KDE just hit (with 3 fingers) : <CTRL>,<ALT>,<k> and y'll switch
keyboard.
If you want to change that to i.e. <ALT>&<SHIFT> which is the winder$
combination.....go into <configuration>,<KDE>,<accessibility>,<keyboard
shortcuts> and change it in there to whatever you want.=:o)

You can have as many keyboards you want in there. I'd recomend the
US_international with  no_dead_keys though. It's got all the accents you
except ç.

Good luck,
HarM