I was downloading the update rpms today and my wife complained about how slow
her surfing was. We share a cable connection through a scratch built firewall
machine running IPcop.  Here's the newbie question, what do I need to do to
make the system share equally the moderate bandwidth that we have? Am I going
to have to get a router? Or, is there a handy dandy way to do it with linux?
I've been googling linux and not finding much, probably using the wrong
search terms.  Any and all advice is appreciated.
--
Dennis M.  linux user # 180842