On Thursday 16 January 2003 20:02, you wrote:

> Mandrakesoft is GPL with everything it does except on the commercial
> software disks and the club downloads.
Thats what I thought.

> If you folk have checked other distros lately, ...
> ...Forget it.
Yess

> And, yes, if I did something to continue the effort the Mandrake folks
> started, I would find some help and create a non-profit scientific,
> educational, and charitable purposes tax exempt corporation and seek
> private foundation funding for the preservation of essential freedoms.  But
> let's be a little more optimistic for now.  MandrakeClub has 20,000 members
> and people are investing to preserve the effort.  Just continue what is
> done.
But the problem is, if the need for action arises, speed is required.
Starting thinking about contingency plans then is by far too late. Some
months break in development is bad but not fatal; but things like maillists
cannot disappear. Not for a day. Otherwise community starts falling apart.
So we can hope the best for Mandrakesoft business and help them as we can but
community must have a backup plan.

Wahur