Len Lawrence wrote:

On 17 Jan 2003 18:01:04 -0800
Roland Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The PLF (Penguin Liberation Front (I think)) has a DeCss rpm but I have
not been able to get it working yet.
Roly

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 14:09, Anne Wilson wrote:

I would have thought that after the ruling last week that it is perfectly reasonable and legal to watch videos that you have bought and paid for, it would now be easy to find information about DeCSS, but it turns out not to be so. Since I find that my DVD player will play some disks and not others I decided that now was the time to look at this, but all the addresses I have seen seem to have been taken off the websites, closed down or moved away.

Assuming this is no longer liable to embarrass Mandrake in any way, can anyone, on list or offlist, point me at a source?

I have libdvdcss-1.2.2-fr1 and that works in 8.2. For xine you might also need the xine_d4d_plugin, available from PLF. The Captain CSS website used to be THE place to go but as Anne points out, that and similar sites seem
to have gone offline.
--
Len Lawrence

I have