From: Axalon Bloodstone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Well, obviously i wasn't fully paying attention i said options ne. No like
> it says the ne2k-pci doesn't accept an irq, you'll need to tell your bios
> to assign it an irq, somecards have a tool to set this also. What flavor
> is the card anyway?

    The card is an Acer PCI (I forget the model number) card, based on a
Realtek 8029 chipset.  The Linksys card (using a tulip-compatible chipset)
was also trying to use irq 0, so I finally installed an ISA NE2k clone, and
it works fine.  I'll have to check the CMOS setup options to see if I can
assign an IRQ to the (single) PCI slot on this machine; otherwise, if not,
I'll just stick with the ISA card.  Thanks for the help!  Now, to get the
#^&* modem working...