On Sunday 19 January 2003 11:37 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
<snip>
> > I can't really blame him or anyone else with a project under development.
> >
> > Developers have to eat too.
>
> I can.  Not for moving, but for despicable slights on Mandrake when they
> have supported him.
>
> Anne

Hi Anne;

Understandable and agreed but I don't think I was clear. What I should have
posted was;

I understand why a developer with an open project would abandon ship if
he/she/they were getting any sort of support from a distribution vendor.
Sorry for not being clear on that point previously.

His comments about Mandrake however were completely out of line. I agree with
that statement completely.

As for what level and kind of support was in place, I have no idea; but I
don't really think Mandrake needs "fair weather friends" that would be
inclined to crap on the distribution or company just for a sponsorship deal
of some sort from a competitor.

Do you? I've never liked the colour of that hat anyway.

Regards;

--
Charlie
Edmonton,AB,Canada