On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 17:43, Todd Slater wrote:
> On 20 Jan 2003 17:34:37 +1100
> Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > Peace! (And I drive a Honda - and I was born in Detroit - so as far as
> > loyalty to a product goes, I've just slighted Ford, Chevy/GM and
> > Chrysler, didn't I?)
>
> Do they have roads in Australia?
>
> (I used to live in Mexico and when I came back to the US I taught
> hight school Spanish; that's one of the questions my students asked me :))
>
> Todd

(g)

Yeah we have roads, but they're backwards mate. You drive down north,
and up south...none of the roads are paved, we all have 'roos and
wombats in our backyards, we all wear akubras and shorts that are two
sizes too small, jackboots and blue singlets, we eat koalas for brekkie
and sleep in the open bush at night.

(Oh, by the way, Chevy's in Australia are not Chevy's - or GM's - it's
HOLDEN - so the age old "Ford vs Chevy" competition is VERY alive here -
and very vehement as well - even moreso than back home in the US)

--
Mon Jan 20 18:20:00 EST 2003
  6:20pm  up 4 days,  4:03,  6 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.07, 0.08

beta test, v:
        To voluntarily entrust one's data, one's livelihood and one's
        sanity to hardware or software intended to destroy all three.
        In earlier days, virgins were often selected to beta test volcanos.