On Monday 20 January 2003 08:09 pm, daRcmaTTeR wrote:
<snip>
> you know...all this discussion has got me wondering if
> "we" the Linux community at large, could some how get
> together and solicit the help of one or more
> philanthropists (sp). I read an article in my local
> paper recently that some rich guy donated $14 million to
> NPR. Lord knows there are a lot of wealthy philanthropic
> people out there. I wonder if anyone has contacted any
> of them yet?
</snip>

Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a pocked that size.
But here's another *optimism* :

For once chauvinism might do something useful. It seems
that North America and UK tend to use RedHat, South
America Caldera, East Asia TurboLinux, China RedFlagLinux,
India ELR (or some such), Germany S.u.s.E. etc.,etc..
But what about France and its *gloire* ?

From what I hear S.u.s.E. recently signed some major
contract with the German govt. - coincidence ?  Is it even
thinkable that the French govt. would scuttle its only
linux-distro and let the Germans / Brits / Yankees /
Chinese / Indians take over ?

Knowing the Frenchies, I think not.

Kaj Haulrich
Denmark.