On Monday 20 Jan 2003 10:26 pm, walt wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 13:05, daRcmaTTeR wrote:
> > On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Colin McElhatton wrote:
> >

> > The single BIGGEST problem for end user to this day remains being able to
> > "find" the information that will get them going and *their* willingness
> > to avail themselves of that information and learn it. simply dumbing down
> > the interface and the core processes of the system will _never_ make a
> > better, more usable system. It only makes one weaker and far less stable.
> > I believe windows is perfect proof of this.
>
> But it is this "dumbing down" that will sell linux (and this is a
> shame!!!)

Why?  Why can't we have a default install that's as dumbed down as you like,
will handle all your basic needs, and let you get on with your more urgent
needs as though you were still in windows.  Then you can learn more at your
own speed.  After all, you will have some free time now there's no longer all
those 'need to reboot' messages to say nothing of crashes and re-installs.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302