On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 13:05, daRcmaTTeR wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Colin McElhatton wrote:
>

> The single BIGGEST problem for end user to this day remains being able to
> "find" the information that will get them going and *their* willingness to
> avail themselves of that information and learn it. simply dumbing down the
> interface and the core processes of the system will _never_ make a better,
> more usable system. It only makes one weaker and far less stable. I
> believe windows is perfect proof of this.

But it is this "dumbing down" that will sell linux (and this is a
shame!!!) ..people do not want to do anything but turn on a computer and
have everything work the first time, every time. Linux has come a long
way since I first tried it 5 years ago. I do not have everything working
properly yet but I know that I will because I am willing to do some
research and ask questions. I have winxp on another hard drive but
haven't used it for about a week or so now. (I actually thought that I
couldn't live without it, LOL)
--
walt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>