tuija wrote:

Hi,

I'm totally new with Linux and it probably shows too :-)
I finally managed to fetchmail, by reading man fetchmail :-)
Now I try to send mail also and when I type to:
mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
it asks subject, I wrote like test,
and then I could write letter, but howto
quit writing and send?

"Ctrl-d", then "q" to quit the program.  It's all there in "man mail".

What is the right command? Would I have
to do any mailsystem conf before it will send?
At least this Kmail client can send with either
using sendmail or smtp, I don't know how it can
be possible, ain't sendmail config should be difficult?

Sendmail should not need any configuration correctly after install (assuming you installed it, that is!). SMTP is for if youwant to use a remote server. OK, you could set up SMTP on your own computer, but unless it's a high-traffic mailserver, there isn't much point - sendmail will do fine. Just set KMail to send using sendmail, and it should work.

Sir Robin

--
"A Perl script is "correct" if it gets the job done before your boss fires you."
- Larry Wall

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi