On Wednesday 22 Jan 2003 9:34 pm, Robert Wideman wrote:
> Sorry, there is a "." when there should be a "/", my bad on that one.  I
> tried it in the browser (mozilla 1.0.2 on win32 and it wouldnt let me
> connect, so i am using the you gave me....
> Ok, i used the one you gave me and put in the correct info:
> # urpmi.addmedia --update Updates
> ftp://ftp.rediris.es/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake/updates/9.0/RPMS with
> ../base/hdlist.cz
> added medium Updates
> examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 1
> (x86).cz]
> examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 2
> (x86).cz]
> examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.International CD
> (x86).cz]
> examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.local files.cz]
> unable to uncompress synthesis file at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/urpm.pm line 869.
SNIP

Hmm
You are online when you do this I assume?

Also might be worth deleting any files you find in the directories under
/var/cache/urpmi

The fault seems to occur when it examines a file
/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.local files.cz
This implies that at some time you have defined a source called "local files"
It might be worth using urpmi.removemedia to remove that source, or if it is
not found just delete hdlist.local files.cz There might also be a file called
"list.local files"

(Note: In linux if a name has a space in it, you must surround it in quotes
"")

urpmi.removemedia   without any parameters will give a list of the known
media.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net