Hi All.

I'm new to this list, and I've checked the archives and tried all the
suggestions I've found, but I am still unable to printfrom either of my two
Win98 boxen.

My Mandrake 9 machine has most of the packages installed but none are upgraded
yet.  I'm using
        kernel 2.4.19.16mdk
        samba 2.2.6-1.0pre2.2mdk
        CUPS 1.1.16-0.4mdk

The network and firewall functions - all machines can use the internet
connection on the Linux box - but pings to the linux box fail.  I don't know
if it's related, I doubt it, but just in case...

I've created smb.conf based on a message in November by Anne Wilson, and my
cupsd.conf is based on several messages found here and elsewhere.  I can
provide them if you like.

The error I get is in cups/error-log.  It states it is "unable to convert file
0 to printable format" even though a raw file is sent and
application/octet-stream is enabled in both mime.* files.

Any thoughts?  Should I consider PDQ or find and install some other lp daemon?
If so, what print system should I define in Samba?

Thanks in advance,
Larry