On Saturday 25 Jan 2003 5:40 pm, Larry Williams wrote:
> According to the Mandrake Control Center (drakconf), wherein I've removed
> and reinstalled the printer without any problems, the printer is using the
> recommended Ghostscript + hpijs driver, but I've also tried the
> CUPS+GIMP-Print v4.2.2 (en) and Ghostscript + [cdj|djet]500 drivers with
> the same results (local print works, remote from Win doesn't).

This is better news.  Mandrake must be providing a suitable driver.  OK - when
I tried to print over the lan, only a couple of weeks ago, I had much the
same problem.  I eventually got as far as having a readable file in a spool
directory, but still couldn't get it to print.  On the advice of Stephen
Kuhn, I installed the windows driver on the windows machine, saying that I
wanted to install over the network.  I can't recall the exact sequence, but
it then allows you to browse to the printer on the host machine, in my case
it's //anne-linux/printer.  Go throught the whole normal installation, but
don't print a test page.  Take the re-boot, then call up the printer in the
usual My Computer/Printers folder, and print a test page from there.

It worked for me

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302