On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 20:35, ThinKer wrote:
> Terry,
>  When I tried to run 'usbview' I got "command not found".
> ///
>
> Adolfo,
>  I tried your method. Please See results inline
>
> > First of all, when I do a "ls /dev/usb" the only active USB port shown
> > is "hid", the one used by the mouse.
> >
> > When I do a "ls /dev/usb" after placing the Palm on the cradle and
> > pressing the hotsync button, then two entries are shown: "hid" and
> > "tts".
>
> This worked. I got the 'tts' when I typed 'ls /dev/usb' after I pressed
> the hotsync button.
>
> > I make sure to create as root the symbolic link /dev/pilot with:
> > ln -s /dev/usb/tts/0 /dev/pilot
>
> Did this(as root).
>
> > Subdirectories 0 and 1 of tts only appear when you hit the hotsync
> > button on the cradle.
> >
> > Next step is going to Evolution->Tools->Pilot Settings. A wizards
> > appears. Answer that this is the first time your going to use the
> > software with the Pilot.
>
> The wizard is giving me two options.
> 1. Yes, I've used sync software with this pilot before.
> 2. No, I've never used sync software with this pilot before.
I have tried both options and they have worked nicely. Anyway, try the
YES option.

> If I click the No option, it gives me a slot to put a User Name and ID.
> I am assuming I should use the 'Yes' option, since I have syncronized my
> Treo with the Palm Desktop software it came with on my Windows macine,
> and the device already has a username.
Don't worry. There must be a button "Get From Pilot" or "Get from PDA".
Just press this button.

> >  Press Next and press the hotsync button on the
> > cradle. It will recover the name and user id from the pilot. If it
> > fails, try again. Sometimes it takes three or four times to get this
> > info from the Pilot.
> >
> > After passing previous step, you should see an open window where you can
> > define your conduit settings. Enable synchronizing ToDo, Calendar,
> > Contacts (I also enable Memos) and that's it.
>
> After I answered OK to this final screen, I got the error message,
> "Could not examine the port for Cradle(/devt/pilot). The port should
> point to a USB serial port. No such file or directory (2)"
>
> When I go back now and type 'ls /dev/pilot' I get "No such file or
> directory."
It has happened to me sometimes. Just recreate it with "ln -s ..." and
try again.

    __
   / \\   @       __     __    @   Adolfo Bello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  /  //  // /\   / \\   // \  //   Bello Ingenieria S.A, ICQ: 65910258
 /  \\  // / \\ /  //  //  / //    cel: +58 416 609-6213
/___// // / <_/ \__\\ //__/ //     fax: +58 212 952-6797
    www.bisapi.com   //            pager: www.tun-tun.com (# 609-6213)