On Wednesday 29 Jan 2003 2:02 am, Larry Williams wrote:
> So far, everything works.  Except, I can't print from the Win98 machines.
> Every attempt results in an error stating it cannot convert file 0 to a
> printable format and hints that ESP Ghostscript is not installed.
>
> I just finished compiling and installing ESP Ghostscript 7.05.5, but the
> error persists.  I was unable to find any reference in the local docs or at
> the cups website that could help.  I am assuming I need to tell cups where
> to find espgs apart for just restarting cupsd, but I'm at a loss how.  Or
> why.

Larry - I'm thrashing about in the hope that my thoughts will get you thinking
on new lines, not because I know the answer.  The ESP Ghostscript comment
suggests to me that it is receiving a ps file - do you think that is so?
Also, I am certain that I have read somewhere about settings on the windows
machine, but so far I haven't remembered where I saw it.  It was something on
the lines of 'if you have the choice of ECP and EPP' (I think that's right)
it suggested the samba did not like one of them, so you should set it to the
other.  I can't remember which, but you could try the opposite one to the one
you have now.

If I can find the reference I'll post it up.  Meanwhile, check out

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO:  Sharing a Linux Printer With Windows

HTH

Anne
--