On Thursday 30 Jan 2003 12:54 pm, Peter Watson wrote:
> On Thursday 30 Jan 2003 12:11, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I'm still having a lot of problems with javascript in browsers - all
> > browsers, Moz, NSCP7, Galleon, Konq.  In each case I have javascript
> > enabled for browsing (not mail & ng in Moz).  Yet javascript doesn't
> > seem to work in any except Konq.  Even in Konq, if I go to, for
> > instance, the bookmarklets site I am told that I need javascript, and
> > can't continue.  I did visit it from Mozilla a few weeks ago, but I
> > suspect that whoever sent me there (sorry, I can't remember who)
> > probably gave me a link beyond that page.  Unfortunately I can't find
> > it.
> >
> > What things can I check?  Moz shows
> > libjavaplugin_oji.so
> > libnullplugin.so
> > nppdf.so
> > libflashplayer.so
> > rpnp.so
> >
> > What's missing?
> >
> > Anne
>
> I don't know if its anything to do with your problem but your'e missing
>
> ShockwaveFlash.Class

That's definitely in both
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.1/plugins and
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins

I don't know where Konq  looks, but I would  have thought these two would
serve Nscp, Moz and Galleon.  Perhaps something's broken.  I'm getting a bit
fed up of the problems with browsers.  I wish I'd never installed Nscp7 - it
seems to have been much worse since them.  I'm tempted to try to copy the
.mozilla directory elsewhere and hope that I can keep all my settings and
bookmarks whole, after deleting all three of the group and then just
reinstalling Moz and Galleon.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302