Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 02 Feb 2003 12:17 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
>
>>On Thursday 30 Jan 2003 8:31 pm, Mark Weaver wrote:
>>
>>>Anne,
>>>
>>>Actually you don't have to do that at all. Start Netscape with the
>>>"-ProfileManager" argument and create just the profile for Netscape.
>>>That should take care of Netscape.
>>>
>>>As for Mozilla, since the two are sharing a home dir, (.mozilla) then
>>>I'd 86 the preferences.js file and allow Mozilla to create a new copy of
>>>that file. It's very likely that Netscape and Mozilla have been
>>>fighting over this file and probably been trashin the place.
>>
>>I've tried to set this up and run into problems. If I navigate to
>>/usr/local/netscape (as root) and click on netscape I get the profile
>>manager, from which I can select the new profile, and all is well. From
>>the menu (as user) I get the mozilla profile. The menu editor says that it
>>is calling /usr/netscape/netscape.
>>
>>Any idea what's going wrong?
>>
>>Anne
>

> I've got a bit further with this. If I start the program by navigating to
> /usr/local/netscape/netscape as root I get the correct profile. If I do
> exactly the same as user I don't. I've made absolutely sure there is no
> other difference. the .netscape and .netscape6 files only seem to have
> plugins, but there must be profile and preference files somewhere. Does
> anyone know where they're going?
>
> Anne

Hi Anne,

At this point I think I'd pick either Netscape or Mozilla, and uninstall
the other. When thats done setup the program and user profile. Then
after that being done get the plugins installed and everything running.

At this point it should be ok to install the other browser if you really
need to. I suspect Mozilla will be the easier of the two to deal with
and should be a good bit more behaved when you attempt to start the
ProfileManager to set things up for Mozy.

The two of them do indeed run on the same browser engine, but they don't
seem to want to play nice together. I've experienced this on both
winders and Linux. Speakin of Winders...I blew up my XP installation
last night. I prolly oughta git to work on it. I still have tax returns
to prepare. GOD! I love Mandrake. takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!!

--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996