On Friday 31 Jan 2003 10:39 am, Margot wrote:
> I have a 56k dial-up modem and a standard BT phone line which I will have
> to continue to use as there is no cable where I live, and I can't afford
> anything else.
>
> Eurobell charges a penny a minute any time of day/night, which is useful
> because I have ME so my sleeping/waking hours are somewhat erratic. I spend
> about fifteen pounds a month, and can't afford more because my budget is
> limited (Incapacity Benefit doesn't stretch very far, and I need to eat
> occasionally!).

For £15 a month you can get an Anytime connection.  Tiscali is the one I use
for dial-up connection.  They aren't particularly linux oriented, but they
give clear set up info that can be used with any os.  I set them up on
Mandrake 8.1, when I was the rawest newbie you could imagine, and it worked
first time.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302