On Friday 31 Jan 2003 10:39 am, Margot wrote:
> Hi All
>
> If you have followed my other thread (Internet Connection Problem) you will
> see that in spite of lots of help from various people I still can't connect
> to the internet from my new linux machine using my current ISP Eurobell.
>
> I'm beginning to think that what I really need is a different ISP, because
> Eurobell's technical support people don't seem to understand their own
> system setup, let alone mine!
>
> I have a 56k dial-up modem and a standard BT phone line which I will have
> to continue to use as there is no cable where I live, and I can't afford
> anything else.
>
> Eurobell charges a penny a minute any time of day/night, which is useful
> because I have ME so my sleeping/waking hours are somewhat erratic. I spend
> about fifteen pounds a month, and can't afford more because my budget is
> limited (Incapacity Benefit doesn't stretch very far, and I need to eat
> occasionally!).
>
> Can anyone recommend a suitable UK ISP that is both cheap and
> linux-user-friendly?
>
> I'd also like to hear about any that you would NOT recommend - feel free to
> mail me off-list if you prefer not to criticise your current ISP in public!
>
> TIA
> Margot

Try UKLinux - http://www.uklinux.net

There's a free option and various paid ones: no adsl at present but as you're
on dial-up, I would recommend them. Linux orientated so tech support is good,
albeit a little slow sometimes.

David
--
Registered Linux User #207521

"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar
territory." (Paul Fix)