On Friday 31 Jan 2003 7:02 pm, Douglas B. wrote:
> Margot,
>
> Most of the UK dial-up ISPs can be set up for Linux without too much
> difficulty - I would choose the one that offers the best deal, ignoring
> the question of Linux. Tiscali is pretty good, with a special internet
> deal called SmartSurf; but I have several to use in case one or other is
> particularly sluggish or down.

In your position I would consider using Tiscali on an Anytime contract, which
IIRC is £15/month, and then one of the pay as you go isps for a fall-back
account, just for those very rare occasions when something goes wrong.
Anytime is just that no other cost for time or phone calls, but they tend to
cut you off after about 2 hours, so long downloads are very difficult.

As far as setting up goes, you can sign up from any browser you have, on any
os, just from their website.  When you've signed up and got your account
initiated they send you a welcome letter and another with all the details you
need to set up access from any browser.  It is absolutely complete.  HTH

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302