On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> Hey,
> Someone had written in the other day about scsi-emul for ide-cdr.
> That one of the kernels in 6.1 was already sewt up for it. Which one is it and
> how do i get it to work? I've tried everything. Can someone pls write in
> exactly what needs to be done. So I cab use my cdr. I had it working in
> 6.0 but can't figure what I did updating to aa new kernel to get it to work.

Presuming that mandrake make its kernels like a normal Redhat
installation contains, then you can look to see if you have it
yourself, look in /lib/modules/'uname-r'/scsi/ where uname -r is the
distribution mandrake kernel version number, its called ide-scsi.o .

If its there then use that kernel verson, as to how to get it all to
work, all i can say is you will need to read the doco's yourself.

one tip only i have is;
modprobe  ide-scsi.o  irq=? where ? is the irq, man modprobe or
insmod will help there, as will man conf.moduels.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]