On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Richard Adams wrote:
>
> > one tip only i have is;
> > modprobe  ide-scsi.o  irq=? where ? is the irq, man modprobe or
> > insmod will help there, as will man conf.moduels.
> >

> ide-scsi doesn't accept any options.

Thanks for pointing this one out to me.
My other mistake you missed was putting the .o after ide-scsi.

However it will autoprobe the 4 devices, hda<>hdd, but if it is
placed on say a sound card with an assiged irq other then the normal
irq's for ide's then it will not be found. There is then always the
pre-install options etc, which are defined for each module in
/etc/conf.modules, thats why i advised read man conf.modules.
There was a post about this the otherday, however thats beside the
point, yes you are correct in saying ide-scsi does not accept options
itself but modprobe can be told to do other things which may help to
in some curcumstancies.

Modules are a wonderfull solution to many problems but sometimes they
can be a pain in the butt.

Thanks for pointing that one out to me.

--
Regards Richard