On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a machine that has been running Mandrake 6.0 for the last couple of months.
>Yesterday I tried to upgrade it to 6.1 but I keep getting signal 11 errors.
>Actually, I wasn't even doing an upgrade, I wiped the drive clean and did a fresh
>installation.  I seem to remember that Signal 11 errors always mean a hardware
>problem of some sort but I don't understand why it was working fine under 6.0?  The
>errors are happening during the installation process - usually when it is installing
>packages.  I have tried having it check for bad blocks during the format - that
>didn't help.  Is there anything I can do or should I just go back to 6.0?
>
> It's running on a Cyrix MII/PR300 chip.  IDE 1.2 GB drive (I don't know the make and
>model offhand).  The MB is a PCCHIPS M571 with 64MB Ram installed.

Now here we have one of those mails i normaly ignore and delete, the
user has not set his LINE WRAP in his editor.

Anyway i belive i can help a little here which is the only reason i
am repling, otherwise the mail would have been disregarded.

The most probable cause here is the cyrix CPU clocked at a too higher
speed.

I suggest you take a look at http:/bitwizard.nl/sig11

--
Regards Richard