On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 14:52:58 +0000, Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Sunday 02 Feb 2003 2:42 pm, you wrote:
> > This always works for me:
> >
> > 1. Open the HTML file in a Web browser.
> > 2. Go to the print menu, but print to a Postscript file instead of a
> > printer. 2. Run ps2pdf on the resultant ps file.
>
> Whilst thinking about it I checked the properties of the ps file and found
> that it had been created in Mozilla, which sent me on the track you outline.
> I now have a ps version of the file I want to convert, but I must be doing
> something wrong.  This is the output, now.
>
> [anne@anne-linux Desktop]$ ps2pdf13 GnumericMan.ps GnumericMan.pdf
> Error: /syntaxerror in -file-
> Operand stack:
>
> Execution stack:
>    %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
> --nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
> --nostringval--   false   1   %stopped_push   1   3   %oparray_pop   1   3
> %oparray_pop   1   3   %oparray_pop   .runexec2   --nostringval--
> --nostringval--   --nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--
> --nostringval--
> Dictionary stack:
>    --dict:1049/1123(ro)(G)--   --dict:0/20(G)--   --dict:68/200(L)--
> Current allocation mode is local
> Current file position is 1
> ESP Ghostscript 7.05.5: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
> [anne@anne-linux Desktop]$
>
> Can you set me right, please?
> Anne

I'm not sure about this. Have you tried the standard ps2pdf tool (i.e. not
ps2pdf13)? Also, try making all filenames in lower case, without any spaces
(some tools are fussy about that). Is the file you're converting complex in any
way (e.g. containing lots of images or tables)? Test ps2pdf out on a very simple
HTML file, then when you're sure it's working you can move on to heavier stuff.

Are you using the version of GhostScript that comes with Mandrake? I'm asking
because your error message contains "ESP Ghostscript".

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
  [Yama | http://www.pclinuxonline.com/]

"Don't underestimate the power of survival of the fittest." -- Linus Torvalds