Well, under v8.2 of Mandrake, I simply clicked on my main computers connection
sharing icon, and everything was automagically setup. Both my other comps
could reach the Internet. No problems whatsoever.

Now...9.0...a whole 'nother story. I clicked on connection sharing, it asked
for a few disks, loaded some software, told me it was finished.

Except that the network is now unreachable. I can't ping anyone else on my LAN
and they can't ping me. NFS is shot, killed and buried. No games will find
each other across the LAN. Just trying to open a window on the other 2 comps
takes about a minute per window.

I checked iptables -L, now there is a whole long list of things in there, that
were not there before. I tried service iptables stop, service shorewall stop,
and service network restart just to see if I could regain contact but it
still always says the same darn thing. "network unreachable". Note that
everything did work fine before.

Anyone have any ideas what happened or how to fix it?

<trying hard not to scream and scare the neighbors!>

Thanks...

--

                                                                 /\
                                                         Dark< >Lord