At 11:20 AM 2/3/2003 +0200, you wrote:

Leaving security stuff aside (its covered well without me) for me its
1. issue of privacy. I have four accounts on my home comp - me, wife, kids.
I've got some games my wife hates, she would kill me if kids found them (Doom
and friends :-)) So only I have permissions to run them. Also it makes it
easier to separate personal files. Even though our family is perfectly happy
it would seem unfair if I have root permissions and free access to everyones
files all the time while being hidden from others.
2. issue of habitforming. I am also admin for our family company that runs on
linux. Sure in our home comp security is not an issue really due to very
lousy internet connection, but I do not want to form bad habits at home that
could create problems later at work where security is no.1 issue.

Wahur

Heh reason #2 is the one I am hoping will sway him :)

Thx for the input Wahur!

FemmeFatale

Good Decisions You boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert