On Tuesday 04 Feb 2003 12:12 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I've read somewhere that i must add the lines "options scanner
> vendor=0x04a9 product=0x2206" (with the apropriate vendor and product id
> for my scanner) and "pre-install usb-uhci modprobe scanner" to
> /etc/modules.conf and the appropriate device driver will automatically be
> loaded when the machine boots. I thought that i was doing this right,
> but...it seems that i'm doing something wrong somewhere.. BTW, i have an
> epson 1250 photo and i'm using iscan

Hi Filipe.  I have not come across this before.  I used my Epson 1650 with
iscan under 8.2, and use it with the supplied drivers under 9.0.  I did not
have to set up any extra parameters.  Make sure your scanner is on, then
start up MCC.  Go to Hardware.  Ignore the Scanners icon, that seems to be
for setting one up manually, and you shouldn't need to do that.  Look at
Hardware List.  Is your scanner recognised?  If so, it should work.

How are you trying to use it?  You can scan from XSane, but I prefer to scan
from Gimp.  It's up to you.

Let us know how you get on.

Anne
--