On Tuesday 04 Feb 2003 5:37 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Hi Filipe.  I have not come across this before.  I used my Epson 1650
> > with iscan under 8.2, and use it with the supplied drivers under 9.0.  I
> > did not have to set up any extra parameters.  Make sure your scanner is
> > on, then start up MCC.  Go to Hardware.  Ignore the Scanners icon, that
> > seems to be for setting one up manually, and you shouldn't need to do
> > that.  Look at Hardware List.  Is your scanner recognised?  If so, it
> > should work.
> >
> > How are you trying to use it?  You can scan from XSane, but I prefer to
> > scan from Gimp.  It's up to you.
> >
> > Let us know how you get on.
> >
> > Anne
>
> My scanner is not supported be sane (mine is an epson 1250 photo usb). I
> can only use it with Iscan, but everytime i want to use it i must
> "modprob..." beforei launch Iscan. I want to know how can mdk recognize it
> at boot. I've seen that it can be done.

I don't understand this, Filipe.  If  you have installed iscan, then XSane
should work for you - at least it did for me under 8.2, when my scanner was
not listed as supported by Sane.  Iscan provided whatever it was that enable
Sane to work with it.  Did you get iscan from Epson's website?  Was it
iscan-1.5.0-6.i386.rpm and did you get the readme file?  How did you install
it?

Sorry for so many questions, but at the moment I can't see why it shouldn't be
working.

Also, did you check the hardware list in MCC as I suggested?  Was the scanner
there?

Anne

--
Registered Linux User No.293302