At 10:32 AM 2/6/2003 +0000, you wrote:

> As long as you don't finalize a CD it is readable on most CDR/W cdrom
> players.  If the technology (CDROM, not the disc) is older, usually it has
> to be finalized.
>
> Having said that, some newer CDRom players DO read un-finalized
> discs.  Plextor AFAIK is the better one for this function.

Thanks for the clarification, Femme.  I guess some of us still use older
readers :)

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302
Heh I have 2 cdrom drives in this comp. One is an 4-5 year old panasonic. The newer is a Plextor 40/12/40a drive. Its the burner. Works fine. I knew the answer from testing I had done between both drives.

Also my g/f has an older HP 82xx drive & some POS Acer drive. Found out neither of them likes "un-finalized" cd's either.

FemmeFatale

Good Decisions You boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert