Hi,

I am new to linux so I apologise in advance if this question has been asked before.
I am trying to connect my box to an ADSL router. Normally the router should assign an
IP address to my NIC as well as the gateway...by dhcp. When i run dhcpdc the router
doesn't assign the IP address, nothing is happening. I try to check my NIC (realtek
RTL8139A) by asssigning a fixe IP address and pinging it. It does reply on itself but
it is not working when i try to ping an other machine.
Any suggestions?
JP