On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 03:06 pm, Robert wrote:
> How long will take approximately to download LM 9.0 using a DSL
> connection? I am well aware that each service and line could vary a
> bit, but just an approximate time, please.
Hello,

        There are 3 CDs (unless you're getting the pirated full 7 CD set :-) ). I
only have 2 CDs, but that's because I got it on magazine cover discs.

        Time needed for first 2 CDs, per CD:
700 * 1024 * 8 / download speed. Remember ISPs report in kilobits, not
kilobytes.

So for my 56kb dialup:
700 * 1024 * 8 / 56 = ~ 30  hours each

For the 450mb, 24 hours. So 75 hours all up on 56kb.
128kb = 33 hours
256kb = 16 hours
512kb = 8 hours
100MB: 2 minutes :-)

Regards,
        _nasturtium

PS: OK, so a lot of people have responded. But you won't receive much from me
now that I'm back to school.